Saturday, August 06, 2005

Choices

It started with a simple invitation into a friends room tonight...
She had some trouble, wanted some help.....
She wasn't from CSE, from some other dept, where life isn't as hectic, where people have other means of fun besides the comp.

There was a party going on... a sublime affair with only the closest of friends.... a different hostel life. a different set of experiences...

2 girls in the same institute, same hostel, same program, neighbouring rooms living completely different lives...

Made me realize the significance of the choice we make at every moment in our lives, picking one out of an infinte number of paths...

Made me realize that we have but 1 life : no time for regrets, no time to change whats gone... do what feels best NOW, make every moment matter....

I got all sentimental about doing what I love, about trying out new things, doing what I really want in life...

And then went back to my life : blogging, chatting, sleeping late, getting up late, and hurriedly reading papers, waiting for mail from my guide....

Oh well.

4 comments:

  1. the butterfly effect is omnipresent. its never ceased to amaze me in the number of ways that 2 people can be the same.. and yet never reaise the connection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ever thought about all those points in our lives where we make a certain decision and then after looking back at it, we find no explanation but there was something at the back of the mind that said "yes this is the right thing to do" and we do it??? choices... they give directions to our life that we can never imagine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post. I feel the same way so many times. But sometimes I also feel that the choices we made at a certain point of time cannot be reviewed again at a later point of time coz lot of parameters would have changed... :))

    Anyways my two cents on this and your post totally reflected what I was thinking.

    Have a good week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. C'est la vie, non?
    That's why, you should sometimes learn to compromise, find spaces to enjoy in between all the hard work you are doing. Take some work seriously, and some work just 'cos it's to be done. May sound like you are being cold and calculated in your choices sometimes... but finally you just find somethign which works (and then other people envy you for it :) )

    ReplyDelete