Monday, August 07, 2006

Counting sheep

Mom starts getting tense about me going to Delhi, so she tells Jisha that she can't fall asleep.
My sis says "relax mom, count sheep and you will soon fall asleep"

Mom, lying on the bed, closing her eyes, starts saying "sleep 1, sleep 2, sleep 3 ..."

Sis starts laughing. "Mom, I said sheep, not sleep !!"

Mom : sheep? Whats that?

Sis : The animals which give wool ?

Mom : Oh bhed ! Why should I be counting them again ?

Sis : The idea is that you imagine sheep jumping over a fence, and you keep counting them and then you will fall asleep. Its a concept shown in all the cartoons.

Mom : OK.

silence for a few seconds.

Then mom starts saying (loudly) "sheep 1, sheep 2, sheep 3 ..."

:)

Am not too sure how effective the technique was !!

My mom is super-cute though !!

2 comments:

  1. And what, pray, were you doing? Counting bits? bytes? seconds? words? charge? rain drops? strands of hair? 0, 1, 2, 3...

    ReplyDelete