Friday, August 17, 2007

Roadside Blues

So the first thing that has started bothering me about the US is that they drive on the wrong side of the road, so I never know which side to look when I cross !!!

And then you have to worry about not jay-walking, and not standing on the wrong side of the road when you are waiting for a bus, and you have to remember when to pay the driver (its not fixed, it depends on the time of the day, and the direction the bus is going - I think).

Hadn't thought that non-drivers would also get confused about looking left/right first, and then crossing.

2 comments:

  1. And then when you go back to India on vacation, you will again get confused about which side of the road to drive and walk! Its a mess you see..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it would be much simpler to always look both ways while crossing ;-)

    Good to know that you are settling in quickly.

    ReplyDelete