Thursday, November 15, 2007

Camping Trip

Shenandoah National Park - my first camping trip, first trip to see the Fall Colors. Ramnath, Beena, Mladen, Gorana and I - 5 people in a car for a 5 hour drive to the national park, where we planned to camp and hike.

The park was soo beautiful, all the trees were red and orange and yellow and green, and the sky was soo blue. It was breathtaking. And it was also v v cold !!


We reached there on Saturday at around 12 pm, and first had a picnic lunch at the camp grounds - bad brown bread that was as hard as stone, with tomatoes and cheese and juice and yoghurt.

We then went on a hike through a small section of the park, and on our way back, we decided on the perfect camping spot.

Got our stuff, and went back, and camped !! I "built" my very own tent, it was super duper cooL !! I could lie down in my tent and see the stars, and the spooky leaves.


And then Ramnath cooked dinner - but putting water in dehydrated food and cooking it and it was actually quite nice :) And we roasted marshmallows on the fire, and ate them with chocolate.

The next day we packed up, and went for some more hiking, before we returned to civilization.

All in all, the perfect weekend.
Except for the tattoo that I almost got. But then I didn't :D And thats another story :)

No comments:

Post a Comment