She asks "How do you introduce your Bedfellow? Other Sidekicks you’ve had? What was the best/funniest/most syllabic term for S.O. you’ve ever heard? If you wanted to make the worst impression possible, what term would you use?"
Some of the answers from the comments :
- “Hi, this is Jim. Jim and I are ‘it’s complicated’ on Facebook.”
- “So, this person who lives with me and what not….”
- StableBoy :D
- So - sambo.
- sigoth, for significant other
- My sweetie. :)) -- ha ha, imagine saying "Hello, I would like you to meet my sweetie XYZ"
- Beloved !!!
- “I’d like to introduce you to My Complication”
- my oldest child
- POSSLQ (Person of Opposite Sex Sharing Living Quarters).
- “This is my….this is…..this is Bob.”
- “this is my current romantic involvement, [name]”
- sig fig. (Short for Significant Figure, which, yes, is a dumb chemistry joke.)
- Equipment Operator.
- my Special Lady Friend.
- "this is my euphemism, steven”
- Boy Toy
- Super Friend - I like this one :)
- "This is the boy that I’m kissing.”