Saturday, December 01, 2007

Thanksgiving

It was a night of firsts.

Snow, the soft pretty flakes that melted when I tried to touch them, feel them, figure out what they were about, they made me want to cry cause I wanted to know, and understand, but they just disappeared. And still they kept falling, and kept staying still on the roads, and the leaves, and even on my jacket, just not on my outstretched arm. The snow fell on my face and disappeared, but never let me really figure out what it really was. I guess I will have to wait for January when snow will be all I see everywhere :)

And thanksgiving shopping, the mania, the consumerism. The night I wanted to buy everything, the night I realized that grad students are in fact quite poor :) Gap, JCrew, American Eagle, Martin and Osa, Guess, Eddie Bauer - the thrill, the mania, the depression all got mixed up, and I still haven't recovered :( May this night be my first and only shopping binge.

Missed the turkey though, will have to wait for next year now for tofu-turkey. :)

1 comment:

  1. Snow always has that effect, no matter how many times I see it.

    Tofu-turkey is not worth it.

    ReplyDelete